Thursday, September 29, 2022

Nala Dog

 I am very lucky in my timing to be able to adopt my dog Nala within a few days of arriving in China. She is 2 and a half years old and so well trained, she has made an excellent adventure companion as I wander around Guangzhou. We explore every park and sniff around so many cool places. A coworker recently had twins and their house is chaotic, so despite not wanting to re-home her, I am completely a dog person, so this works out great. I can even take her to some restaurants with outdoor seating and some coffee shops don't mind her sitting with me. She is a mix of many Asian dogs, she weighs 10 kilograms, or 22 pounds, she has a black tongue, a curled tail, a soft coat, which doesn't smell bad, and a good attitude. She doesn't bark much, just a little "woof" and bravely struts on her walks. She has a fast run, and can jump really beautifully. We see a random cousin of hers on the street about once a week, dogs that look just like her, so she is a common mix. They are always healthy, happy dogs too. She looks a little like a gargoyle. There are a lot of dogs in my building, and in Guangzhou.

I appreciate that she is street savvy and knows how to get around just fine, despite being 11 inches tall. Something cute about her is that she is accustomed to having her feet wiped after walks. She sits still and waits for me to wipe her paws, patiently allowing me to take each one. Then she waits for her treat, she sits and lays down for it. 

Next week is the fall holiday, Golden Week. I wish I could tell her that we will spend the whole week together, that would put more smiles on her face. She is a good buddy, I feel pretty lucky to have her.




Car has a cool paint job, but Nala is staring at her mom, which is a gargoyle.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning for World Travel, a guide for getting started

Eurail pass or river cruise  is my best suggestion for anyone who has never traveled abroad. This article is written with Americans in mind,...