Sunday, November 6, 2022

Table Tennis Team & This is Halloween in GZ

 This past week was really eventful, Halloween was on a Monday, so it was a lot of celebrating on the weekend. I saw a band of my teacher colleagues play at a local bar, it was a riot, to see everyone dressed up like Ziggy Stardust and zombies, I saw Hulk Hogan and lots of cute costumes, some scary.

Halloween at Hooley's

Also very important, this marks the first week of Table Tennis season. As the coach, I was conducting "tryouts" but kept most of the students who registered. It is a very important sport in China and many of the students are very good at it, they play with their families a lot. There are tables set up in most parks and living compounds. The kids who joined for practice are really cool and have good sportsmanship. They get along well and they are looking forward to the end of season dinner already-- only six weeks away! 

Call me Coach Wood







Nala dog needs a raincoat.
If you want to watch a moving picture of my blog, here is the GZ Style Channel. I ate chicken feet by accident, but they were pretty good, not a lot of meat, but spicy and flavorful. Also, some shots of my dog running around. I realized that if I make a video of nonsense, it's a lot easier to edit. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning for World Travel, a guide for getting started

Eurail pass or river cruise  is my best suggestion for anyone who has never traveled abroad. This article is written with Americans in mind,...